Paycheck Protection Program
PPP forgiveness step-by-step
If your loan is under $150,000, follow the SBA Forgiveness steps.
If your loan is over $150,000, follow instructions for the Scratch Forgiveness steps at the bottom of the page.
PPP Forgiveness step-by-step guide
1. Go to https://directforgiveness.sba.gov
2. Register to start your request
Registrants will receive two emails to complete registration and grant access to the portal. Also registrants will be required to setup an SMS two-factor authentication.
Note: once you provide and verify your e-mail address, it cannot be changed.
3. Follow the steps through "Start a New Forgiveness Request" button
For more clarification, use the "Guided Tour" option.
4. Your application will be signed electronically via DocuSign
5. Submit your application
Once you submit your application, you can view progress through the portal.
Note: the call center is not able to provide details to timelines of forgiveness.
PPP Direct Forgiveness Platform User guide: https://sba-forgiveness-docs.s3-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com/SBA-PPP-DF-User-Guide.pdf PPP Direct Forgiveness Hotline: +1 (877) 552-2692
Scratch Forgiveness Steps
For loans over $150,000
1. Go to https://my.scratch.fi
2. Enter the email address or phone number used with your application
3. Follow the simple steps to complete your application.
Based on your loan amount, different levels of supporting documentation may be required.
4. Submit the application and the SBA will usually approve the application within 72 hours
5. If approved, your outstanding loan balance will be reduced by the SBA approved forgiveness amounts
PPP Forgiveness Application and form difference: https://help.scratch.fi/hc/en-us/articles/4416496423827-What-s-the-difference-between-the-different-types-of-PPP-loan-forgiveness-application-forms-